Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Talk About Timing...

Yesterday I was sulking, you see I was hoping to get this whole adoption thing rolling, but we were still financially shy.  We only had $2869.  We need $250 for the adoption application and $3083.33 for the home study, so a total of $3333.33.  We were fortunate to get a bonus last week, which I had already added in our adoption fund, but we were still shy.  I'm sure I don't have to tell you that waiting is hard - it doesn't matter what you are waiting for, we want what we want, when we want it.

I finally got over my sulking (sort of).  I knew we would have the money next month and until then decided we would put spring cleaning in high gear and focus on some minor home repairs.

After work I picked the kids up, went home, and checked the mail as usual.  Then headed inside to start dinner - rice & beans night, talk about an easy dinner!  Abby was thrilled to find a "Kids'R Us" (Toys'R Us) catalog in the stack of mail.  And I found an envelope from a consulting company - probably junk mail but I opened it anyway.  To my surprise, I found a check.  A few weeks ago, I had received a letter in the mail stating that we would get a settlement check from our old mortgage company.  Apparently they were under some type of review and our loan was involved in the settlement case.  Now I've received these silly settlement checks before from different companies that we've been involved with, the last one totaled 17 cents to be exact (quite sad when the postage is worth more than the check, don't you think?).  So when I read the letter, I laughed and even told Shawn we would probably be getting a big 17 cent check in the mail soon.  But this wasn't a 17 cent check, it was $300.  We were almost there now.  I started crunching the numbers again for the adoption fund.  I'm still not sure how, but apparently I had miscalculated somewhere along the way and our new total is $3340!  Yep, just a few dollars MORE than what we need.  Talk about God's timing!!!  Needless to say, we will be sending in our adoption application this week!

I also want to apologize for letting my 7 Days of 7 blogs slip.  I hate to pull this card, but I've been busy.  Busy crafting (for adoption) busy with the chores, and busy with the kids.  This is what life is really about.  While 7 is still an amazing book, you are just going to have to read it for yourself!  But this verse pretty much sums it up:

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweet girl, during our journey - I can't tell you how many times I "miscalculated" (or, let's call it what it is - our God multiplied) only to have the exact amount that I needed. Let that be reassurance that this is God's sovereign plan for your family!

    ReplyDelete