Monday, April 15, 2013

In His Timing

This weekend Abby had $1.83 that was absolutely burning a hole in her pocket.  She wanted to buy some candy - more cadbury eggs to be exact.  All week I heard about how she was going to buy those eggs the next time we went to the store.  Last night at Walmart, she changed her mind.  She didn't want candy anymore, now she wanted twin babydolls with a double stroller for $20.  She sulked, cried, and pouted, but we were not giving her the remaining $18.17 plus tax.  It was time for her to learn the value of $1.  We showed her every cheap generic toy that she could afford, but that wasn't what she wanted.  We finally left, without a toy, telling her she would just have to save her money until she had enough for those twin babies. 

Today I have a lot of things weighing on my mind, and I feel like Abby.  I have come to the Lord with my $1.83 asking him to give me more.  And he just keeps telling me, it's not time yet.  It's amazing how easy it is to tell your kids no, and expect them to accept your answer without sulking or pouting.  But the minute God says no, we are angry or sad, and feel like we "deserve" to have what we want.  So, today I'm waiting for His timing, and maybe pouting on the inside....

No comments:

Post a Comment