Friday, March 22, 2013

Persecution

I realize that choosing to adopt from Ethiopia can be controversial to some.  I mean, we live in Kentucky, and racism still exists here.  I also know that racism is not an inherent behavior.  It's something that is taught and something that is learned.  We aren't born with it.  MY children know no difference in race.  When Abby asks me why someone is a certain way, whether it's the color of their skin, or seeing a child in a wheelchair, I tell her God made everyone different. 

I know that we are making the right choice for our family.  In fact our WHOLE family will be better for it.  All of our family and friends will learn compassion, and see the grace of God in a beautiful little Ethiopian face.  As long as there are parents like us - willing to go, willing to fight, willing to LOVE more than skin deep - no child should be hungry, no child should be lonely, no child should have to face the world without knowing LOVE.

By choosing to follow God in his call for us to adopt, we have put our family in the path of persecution.  But, God didn't promise us an easy ride, happiness, and peace.  He promised us ETERNITY when we follow Him. 

That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:10

No comments:

Post a Comment