Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Little League

Earlier this week I posted about Fundraising.  I've spent a fair amount of time thinking about fundraising, because, well, $33,000 is a lot of money.  That's more than the cost of our car.  And more than the cost of our garage.  And a bit overwhelming if you really think about it.  So we have been praying....about adoption, and for God to provide for us.  After all, he wouldn't call us to adopt and not provide a way.

God answered.

The very same day that I posted about fundraising, I got a message from Fran at Maggie's Hope about a HUGE fundraising opportunity for families that are adopting in our church.  That very day she was notified that Maggie's Hope will be running the Bardstown Little League concession stand.  It's amazing how God works isn't it?  I'm worried about fundraising, and HE is giving me opportunities.  If that's not confirmation that we are following HIS plan for our family, I don't know what is!!!  Needless to say I'm excited!

Now this is going to involve a lot of work.  All of the families involved are going to split the responsibilities in running this concession stand.  Now I have to admit, I've never ran a concession stand before, but I'm pretty psyched to sell some snow cones and hot dogs right now!

But we need some help!  We don't have the schedule together yet.  But it looks like I'll have to help run this concession stand at least one night a week from 4:00-9:30, and some weekends too.  That's pretty late for us.  I mean, Abby is in preschool, and needs to be in bed WAY before 9:30.  And Shawn, well, he doesn't even get off from work until 5:00 so it may be difficult for him to help. 

So here's the plan (at least for now) I am going to work the concession stand, and Shawn is going to stay home with the kids - feed them dinner, and try to get them to bed at a decent time.  But clearly, I can't run this concession stand alone.  I'm only one person and while I'm pumped about selling snow cones and hot dogs, I'm sure I'll need some help!  SO my amazing family and friends, please let me know if you would be willing to help me run this concession stand.  You don't have to help every week, just once would be great!  If you're interested in helping I'll send you my schedule when it's available!

Also wanted to note the wonderful Adoption Fund tracker I've added to the right.  After the bath remodel, and the orders I have for the next couple of weeks, we will have raised $615 already!  And we just announced our plans to adopt a week ago!  Pretty amazing huh?

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.  - John 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment