Monday, March 18, 2013

Fundraising & Support

Today's post is mostly just a way to help me organize some thoughts and ideas.  Nothing better than having your thoughts in writing. 

I know it's early, as we still have not decided on a country, but I've been trying to think of some creative fundraisers and ways for our family and friends to support us on this journey.  Here are a few things I'm hoping to do, more details will come later:

Avon - My wonderful sister-in-law, Sarah Crowe, is an Avon rep and would like to have a campaign to benefit our adoption!  I'll post more information as this gets closer.

Amber's Custom Gifts - As I posted before, I have set-up an online store on Facebook.  I've sold a few hair bows, and have some orders lined up for baby shower gifts.  I'm getting ready to start making tutus in all sizes!  I'm extremely excited about this since I have two adorable little girls, and 4 nieces!  I'll also be posting some ideas for creative teacher gifts as we get close to the end of the school year.

Crafts Fair - I'm doing some research about the Bardstown Crafts Fair, and whether I might want to try to sell some of my crafts there.  If I do, I will probably host a big Crafts Day for anyone who wants to help me build up my inventory!

Odd Jobs -  Shawn just accepted a side job helping with a bath renovation!  And we are willing to take just about any odd job that comes our way. 

Raffle - Someone suggested I raffle some diaper cakes.  I'm not sure if this is what we'll choose but I'm sure we'll host some type of raffle.

T-shirts - Once we have decided on a country, we will be designing a t-shirt to promote adoption and help raise funds! 

Swagbucks - This one is great for those of you who don't have much extra money but would still like to support us.  Swagbucks is a rewards site that allows you to earn points by doing various activities like searching the web.  The points can later be used towards things like Amazon gift cards.  I have used swagbucks the last two years to help pay for Christmas, averaging about $250/year in Amazon gift cards.  I earn points by searching the web with the swagbucks search engine, and occassionally printing coupons.  You may be wondering how this could help.....I earn points for active referrals using the search engine (you), while you earn points for yourself!  This will help my family build up our gift budget on Amazon, and allow us to spend less out of pocket, which means more of our own hard earned cash going into the adoption!  It will also help you earn your own gift cards, saving you some green along the way too!  It's a win-win!     

If you have any other ideas or suggestions, I would love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. I have an idea. I will talk to you guys about it when I get more things concreted on my end.

    ReplyDelete