Friday, March 8, 2013

Lead Me

For awhle now, Shawn and I have had a huge family decision weighing on our hearts.  A path I thought we might cross in a few years, when the kids are a little older.  This week I was dabbling with our finances, and trying to find the quickest path for our family to become debt free (a long-term goal as we are nowhere near this).  That's when this idea, this plan, this huge decision crossed my mind again, and pulled at my heart.  I thought to myself, maybe in 2 or 3 years we'll be ready.  The kids will be older, and we'll have time to chisel away some of our debt.  That's when God spoke to me....

Now I can't say that God has ever spoken to me before.  I mean, I'm sure he has, he speaks to all of us right?  But I've never heard him so clearly, or perhaps I've never taken the tme to listen.

"What are you waiting for?" he asked.

Since then my mind has been racing.  I keep doubting myself.  "But God", I think, "we don't have enough money to face this right now.  But Ashton is just a baby, only 16 months old.  But God I'm not ready yet, we're not ready for this".

And still God speaks "What are you waiting for?"

While God is calling me, I'm doubting his perfect plan.  He created the Heavens and the Earth, placed all the stars in the sky.  Doesn't He know better than me?  He is Omnipotent, Holy, Righteous, Loving, and Forgiving, and He is calling me to serve Him and fulfill His perfect plan.

I realize I may have confused you, or left you in curiosity.  But we are still praying intinsely about this.

I'm listening God.  Lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment